The program committee is happy to announce the XPRAG.it 2020 – YOUNG INVESTIGATOR TRAINING PROGRAM (XPRAG.it 2020 – YITP).
The call is now open, and the researcher mobility awards will be valid for 2021. Apply now!
Deadline: May 17, 2020
The XPRAG.it 2020 – YITP is funded by the Associazione di Fondazioni e Casse di Risparmio Italiane Spa (ACRI), to support the mobility of young researchers (Ph.D. students, Post-Doc, young researcher, etc.), engaged in extra-Italian Research Institutions, to attend the 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference – XPRAG.it 2020 at the University of Turin, Italy. Please note that, due to the situation with the Covid-19, the conference has been rescheduled to July 8-9, 2021.
The XPRAG.it 2020 – YITP will support up to 6 researcher mobility awards (€ 3,000.00 for each European researcher and € 4,000.00 for each non-European researcher), specifically addressed to:
- Participate in the 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference – XPRAG.it 2020(1).
- Participate in two of the XPRAG.it 2020(1) pre-conference workshops on tools and methodologies applicable to the study of language and communication, i.e., ‘Mixed Effect Models using R’, ‘The Event-Related Potentials (ERP) technique applied to the study of language’, ‘Eye-movements in the visual context’.
- Spend one month, as a visiting researcher, at one of the Italian departments participating in the XPRAG.it network. The Departments involved in the XPRAG.it YITP are:
- Classe di Scienze Umane e della Vita – Scuola Universitaria Superiore IUSS Pavia (Prof. Valentina Bambini)
- Dipartimento di Psicologia, Università degli Studi di Torino. Gruppo di Ricerca GIPSI – Research Group on Inferential Processes in Social Interaction (Prof. Francesca M. Bosco)
- Dipartimento di antichità, filosofia, storia – Università degli Studi di Genova. Laboratory of Language and Cognition (Prof. Filippo Domaneschi)
- Dipartimento di Pedagogia, Psicologia, Filosofia – Università di Cagliari. Gruppo di ricerca LinguisticaMente in filosofia del linguaggio e della mente (Prof. Francesca Ervas).
This funding is meant to cover the costs for a one-month visiting period in Italy, to be arranged before/around the XPRAG.it 2020(1) conference days and agreed with the hosting institution, the registration to the XPRAG.it 2020(1) conference and to two pre-conference workshops.