As previously announced, due to the situation with Covid-19 in Italy and worldwide, the committee had decided to postpone the 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference.
The rescheduled 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference will be held on 8-9 July 2021.
Please save the new dates!
Due to the unpredictable development of the Covid-19 pandemic, we opted for a XPRAG.it 2020(21) online, via an interactive virtual conference format (Gather.town), which will still enable interaction among the participants and facilitate networking in a nice and inspiring atmosphere.
We hope this choice will also ease the participation from all over Europe and beyond.
The XPRAG.it 2020(21) Conference is organized under the auspices of XPRAG.it, a research network founded in 2017, with the aim of providing an Italian venue for discussing – at the international level – empirical research on pragmatic processing.
The conference program will include keynote lectures by:
- Bruno G. Bara – Emeritus Professor Department of Psychology, University of Turin (Turin, Italy)
- Maud Champagne-Lavau – Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Laboratoire Parole et Langage, Aix Marseille Universitè (Aix-En-Provence, France)
- Judith Holler – Max Plank Institute for Psycholinguistics and Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour at Radboud University (Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
- Alan M. Leslie – Director of the Cognitive Development Laboratory, Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences (New Brunswick, United States)
The conference will feature a full set of scientific events, such as brief talks, and poster sessions. Moreover, three pre-conference workshops on tools and methodologies have been scheduled, open also to people not attending the conference.
The scientific program will comprise contributions in any area of experimental pragmatics, including neuropragmatics, developmental pragmatics, and clinical pragmatics as well as pragmatics in multimodal communication.
The contributions will be presented in three main formats:
- oral presentation
- poster presentation
- pre-registration poster
Please note a new call for papers is now open, for posters and pre-registration posters only.
The XPRAG.it Young Researcher Award will be granted to the best presentation from young researcher (no more than 2 years from Ph.D.).
XPrag.it scientific committee:
- Francesca Bosco (University of Turin, Italy)
- Ilaria Gabbatore (University of Turin, Italy)
- Valentina Bambini (IUSS, Pavia, Italy)
- Filippo Domaneschi (University of Genoa, Italy)
Local organizing committee:
- Associazione InTo Brain
- Dize Hilviu (University of Turin, Italy)
- Alberto Parola (University of Turin, Italy)
For any information regarding XPRAG.it 2020 and the pre-conference workshops: email@example.com