Turin 8-9 July 2021 – University of Turin
After an accurate monitoring of the current situation with Covid-19 in Italy and in the countries of our guests and participants, and after receiving the predictions of the Italian Ministry regarding the norms to be adopted in the upcoming months to prevent/reduce the spread of the virus, the committee has decided to postpone the 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference to July 2021.
The rescheduled 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference – will be held at the University of Turin, Italy, on 8-9 July 2021.
Please save the new dates!
The XPRAG.it 2020 Conference is organized under the auspices of XPRAG.it, a research network founded in 2017, with the aim of providing an Italian venue for discussing – at the international level – empirical research on pragmatic processing.
The conference program will include keynote lectures by:
- Bruno G. Bara– Emeritus Professor Department of Psychology, University of Turin (Turin, Italy)
- Maud Champagne-Lavau – Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Laboratoire Parole et Langage, Aix Marseille Universitè (Aix-En-Provence, France)
- Judith Holler – Max Plank Institute for Psycholinguistics and Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour at Radboud University (Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
- Alan M. Leslie – Director of the Cognitive Development Laboratory, Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences (New Brunswick, United States)
The conference will feature a full set of scientific events, such as symposia, brief talks, and poster sessions, as well as social events. Moreover, three pre-conference workshops on tools and methodologies have been scheduled, open also to people not attending the conference.
The XPRAG.it Young Researcher Award will be granted to the best presentation from young researcher (no more than 2 years from Ph.D.).
The scientific program will comprise contributions in any area of experimental pragmatics, including neuropragmatics, developmental pragmatics, and clinical pragmatics as well as pragmatics in multimodal communication. Three types of submission will be accepted:
- oral presentation
- poster presentation
- pre-registration poster
Call for abstract open: February 1st
**EXTENDED** Deadline for abstract submission: March 9th
Notification of acceptance by the end of April
*NEW* The XPRAG.it 2020 committee is happy to announce the XPRAG.it 2020 – YOUNG INVESTIGATOR TRAINING PROGRAM (YITP), funded by the Associazione di Fondazioni e Casse di Risparmio Italiane, and supporting up to 6 researcher mobility awards.
XPrag.it scientific committee:
- Francesca Bosco (University of Turin, Italy)
- Ilaria Gabbatore (University of Turin, Italy)
- Valentina Bambini (IUSS, Pavia, Italy)
- Filippo Domaneschi (University of Genoa, Italy)
Local organizing committee:
- Associazione InTo Brain
- Dize Hilviu (University of Turin, Italy)
- Alberto Parola (University of Turin, Italy)
For any information regarding XPRAG.it 2020 and the pre-conference workshops: email@example.com