Turin 16-17 July 2020 – University of Turin
We are happy to announce that the 4th Experimental Pragmatics in Italy Conference – XPRAG.it 2020 – will be held at the University of Turin, Italy, July 16-17, 2020.
The XPRAG.it 2020 Conference is organized under the auspices of XPRAG.it, a research network founded in 2017, with the aim of providing an Italian venue for discussing – at the international level – empirical research on pragmatic processing.
The conference will feature a full set of scientific events, such as symposia, brief talks, and poster sessions, as well as social events.
The conference program will include keynote lectures by:
- Judith Holler – Max Plank Institute for Psycholinguistics and Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour at Radboud University (Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
- Maud Champagne-Lavau – Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and Laboratoire Parole et Langage, Aix Marseille Universitè (Aix-En-Provence, France)
- Alan M. Leslie – Director of the Cognitive Development Laboratory, Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences (New Brunswick, United States)
- Bruno G. Bara – Emeritus Professor Department of Psychology, University of Turin (Turin, Italy)
The XPRAG.it Young Researcher Award will be granted to the best presentation from young researcher (no more than 2 years from Ph.D.).
The scientific program will comprise contributions in any area of experimental pragmatics, including neuropragmatics, developmental pragmatics, and clinical pragmatics. Three types of submission will be accepted:
- oral presentation
- poster presentation
- pre-registration poster
Call for abstract open: February 1st
Deadline for abstract submission: February 29th
Notification of acceptance and registration opening: Mid April
XPrag.it scientific committee:
- Francesca Bosco (University of Turin, Italy)
- Ilaria Gabbatore (University of Turin, Italy)
- Valentina Bambini (IUSS, Pavia, Italy)
- Filippo Domaneschi (University of Genoa, Italy)
Local organizing committee:
- Associazione InTo Brain
- Dize Hilviu (University of Turin)
- Alberto Parola (University of Turin)